Understand Objectives and Resources
- Be clear what you’re trying to achieve and ensure that everyone on the team understands and agrees.
- Know the limits of your resources and add skill sets rather than do-it-yourself
Build Tools and Messaging
- Determine naming scheme and messaging before building tools. Understand your audiences and what should and should not be used in messaging.
- Website/blog: Not only for pushing out information, but providing content such as photos, templates, contacts, etc. You also want to have your blog, rather than third-party sites, be linked by other blogs.
- Social media: Facebook, Twitter
- Cloud services: forms, email marketing, voice, file sharing
Launch, Evaluate and Adjust